about us


Huta Laziska it is a plant in Poland specialized in production of ferroalloys – essential additives for steelmaking and foundry processes. It has an established position in the domestic and foreign markets. In the past few years the majority of produced ferroalloys are designated for export. Huta has a license to trade in electricity.

 

HISTORY
 

1916

On the initiative of Prince von Pless, John Henry XV Hochberg, construction of power plant and electrothermal smelter was begun in Laziska Gorne, aiming to meet the demand for calcium carbide used in local mines. At the beginning the calcium carbide was supplied especially to mines owned by Prince von Pless.

 

1917

Production of calcium carbide was started.

 

1918

Power plant and calcium carbide factory were registered in the industry register as company Kraft und Schmelzwerke &quo;Prinzegrube&quo; Aktiengezellschaft (Power plant and calcium carbide factory of &quo;Książątko&quo; mine).

 

1919

All shares of Kraft und Schmelzwerke “Prinzegrube” Aktiengezellschaft were purchased by Swiss company “Elektrochemie AG – Schaffhausen,” in which the Prince von Pless had the final say.

 

Calcium carbide supply to the mines located in Upper Silesian Coal Basin was started.

 

1920

Production of ferroalloys intended for the steel mills located in Upper Silesian Coal Basin was started. Smelter was producing ferrosilicon, ferrochrome, ferrosilicoaluminium, rapid-setting cement and corundum.

 

1924

The company’s name „Kraft und Schmelzwerke “Prinzegrube” Aktiengezellschaft&quo; was changed into &quo;Zakłady Elektro Spółka z ograniczoną poręką&quo;(&quo;Plant Elektro Limited Surety Company&quo;).

 

1926

The economic recovery and the Swiss capital inflow resulted in extension of the production range and increase the volume of production, as well as bringing new solutions to the manufacturing process.

 

1929

Plant Elektro received a gold medal at National Universal Exhibition in Poznan for production of ferroalloys and export activities.

 

1946

After World War II the Plant Elektro was nationalized.

 

1949

Plant Elektro was divided into Power Plant “Łaziska” and Huta “Łaziska”. Facilities producing ferroalloys were separated from the multi-branch Plant “Elektro” and a stand-alone company “Huta Łaziska” was created, aimed exclusively for the production of ferroalloys.

 

1953

Production of ferroalloys in submerged electric-arc furnaces on the second furnace workshop was started.

 

1963

Modern fitted third furnace workshop was put into operation.

 

1971

Fourth furnace workshop, equipped with installation for dedusting post-reaction gases, was put into operation.

 

1975

First furnace workshop was modernized.

 

1987

Installation for dedusting post-reaction gases from the first furnace workshop was put into operation.

 

1990

Closed technological water circuit and water treatment station were put into operation.

 

1994

The remaining furnace workshops were connected to the installation for dedusting post-reaction gases.

 

1997

State-owned enterprise was transformed into a joint stock company.

 
2005

Modern, two-stage line for crushing, screening and packaging of ferroalloys was put into operation.

 

2008

Closed cooling water circuit with heat recovery used for heating the plant and hot water production was put into operation.

 

Huta Laziska continuously improves the production process in terms of technology, utilisation efficiency of raw materials and energy, as well as minimising the production influence on the environment.

copyright 2013 Huta Łaziska SA

Contact +48 32 324 71 00, +48 32 224 15 00
ul. Cieszyńska 23, 43-170 Łaziska Górne
TUV9001